I have already started coming up with a basic plan for my third map which will be a bigger version of dod_para_s_3.bsp and will be called dod_para_b_?.bsp and will contain some of the following elements.
- A snow covered battlefield with a small town in the middle of the map - some place like bavaria. It will be rough terrain with hills, slopes and cliffs.
- There will be a major tank battle taking place on the map between the two sides with panzer and sherman moving around the map, stopping once in a while to shoot their cannon. These tanks can be used for cover, but can also kill anyone who gets in front of them.
- There will be some small trench systems.
- There will be bunkers allowing for long distance fighting.
- There will be flags at each end of the map but more in the small town where players will need to fight house to house to take the place over.
- There will be spawn points at each end of the map but also over the town to allow for paratroopers from each side. The paratroopers will spawn in 2 planes and have to jump out the plane door. The planes will also move around the map, and because of the thick cloud cover it will be very difficult for a player to know which part of the town they are over when they jump - making it possible to parachute into enemy held areas.
- There will be howling winds, driving snow and many sound effects and special effects including fires.
- There will be worknig mortars that can be used and will infilict damage on players if they are in a mortar area at the time.